Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One Week Old!

It is truly a miracle. Andrew is now one week old, and is in good health and seems to be gaining weight at a good rate.

Georgette is getting less and less sleep now, because she is feeding him. His sleep is pretty good and consistently sleeps around 3 hours before he wakes up to order some dinner at the Mommy Drive Inn.

I was holding Andrew and talking to him while he was awake and he was able to look at me and follow my movements. He is alert and able to focus on objects. There's also a picture of Christ behind where I was sitting on the couch, and he looked up at it for about a minute or two.

As I watched him look at the picture, I wonder what his memory is of our Savior. I wonder what he is thinking and what parts of the veil are still there and which are fading. (I also wonder why it is, when I am typing, it's the perfect invitation for Hobbes to jump on the desk and lay on top of the keyboard. Cat social norms sure are a mystery to me...)

Here are some pictures of him at one week old.












1 comment:

Kirsten said...

How precious! I know he looks so small to you guys, but he looks so big to me! Sweet little sleeping babies!

You are just taking to this daddy business like a duck to water or a camel to sand or something. I am so proud of you Daddy Murray!

Sorry I didn't call you back yesterday. Xander woke up and then Eli woke up and that was the rest of my day.

Love you and give your little munchkin a smooch from his Auntie!