Monday, August 17, 2009

What is this world coming to?

I don't think I've ever felt so uncomfortable with the events of this world before. I look up anything on the internet and the vast majority is death, destruction, politics and all their happenings, and much, much more.

In some ways I already feel quite inadequate when it comes to certain things socially. I feel a bit behind because I don't understand some of the ways people treat each other. I am a firm believer that we can all get along just fine if we choose to.

I feel so at odds with much of what is happening around the world, and right here at home. I want less and less to do with anything and anyone at times. Just give me some physics or something to learn and I'll be just fine. At least what I learn is, for the most part, stable and there are no social games being played. Although some of it is a little more time consuming to understand how things work, i.e. quantum physics or something similar... I don't have to worry about misinterpreting something, leading it to some offense and alienating myself or my family from different social groups and people. I just have to worry about any experiments I try out and the immediate and long term effects based on predictions and experimental expectations.

Why does it have to be seem so chaotic? Where can I turn for peace, where is my solace?

1 comment:

Tilton Bunch said...

Cause we are truly the "Saturday's Warriors"...The Strongest and Bravest Spirits in Heaven. We have volunteered, and been chosen worthy to be here at this tim; to prepare ourselves and our families for the Amazing and tumultuous events to come in the new millenium.