Sunday, January 11, 2009

Why is time not a great constant?

I have no idea where the last two years have gone. It was about this time a few years ago that I was just about ready to give up on finding a companion to spend the rest of eternity with. I was working at Rocky Mountain Bolt and Stud, living with Tricia while she was going to UCMT and always studying. The warehouse was bitterly cold, especially with the metal and heat not working.

I was thinking about going back to school, but felt a little disheartened at how to go about it, being almost 30. I felt a huge lack in confidence in myself to actually complete school. The last time I went to college, I dropped out the first semester at finals week. I just stopped going. My grades were A's and B's, so I don't know why I stopped other than feeling like I didn't belong.

The feeling and route I had was one of an unhappy life doing what I really didn't want to do. Then a certain woman came into my life and interrupted my plans. I am married now, with a seven month old son, and another one on the way. I am back in school with two semesters behind me with a 3.65 cumulative GPA and working for the LDS church cleaning windows and exterior parts of buildings.

I sit back at the beginning of this next semester and dread having to leave Georgette and Andrew to work and go to school. School does provide a chance to have one job to provide for my family and spend more time with them. Vacations and other joys of life would also be great, and a better job may provide that. There is the fact too, that I can have a job I enjoy and wake up excited to go.

Looking back at the last two semesters, I wonder how I ever did it. I don't feel like it is real at times. The reason I was able to make it, was some strength and aid from my Elder Brother, and Father in Heaven. I couldn't do it at all without Their hand. It comes in many forms, like Georgette, who brings me back to why I am doing all this while I'm so stressed out. Andrew, part of the reason I am doing this. I want to live a comfortable(relatively speaking) with my family.

I am really glad to know that my father is going back to church as well. I honestly had no idea if I would ever see this happening and I felt really sad. That is not the case, and now I have an opportunity to go to the temple with almost all my family now. Ever since I went through the temple in 2006, my desire was to have my dad go to the temple with me. There are also many wonderful spiritual experiences that have happened as well. Many of them have come through giving blessings to those who ask.

Anywho, I feel like I'm rambling now. I am grateful for all I have. I can't wait till I can actually rest and enjoy learning to learn, the company of other people, and rest from the results of having a physical body.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Aww... you are so awesome Murr-ster! I miss you guys! That is one beautiful picture of your new little baby-blob! How exciting! I miss you guys having texting, too! Eli always talks about you two and asks if you and Georgette and Andrew are going to come and play at Eli's house. The other night he dreamed about you guys too! I went in his room to get him and he started telling me about Uncle Murray, Georgette, and Cousin Andrew riding in a firetruck when the wheel fell off and the motor fell down but Daddy fixed it.

Love you guys!

consecutive1234 said...

Yeah! Ditto what Kirsten said! We feel cut off from you guys without the texting!! We should hang out someday soon!!! How many more exclamation points will Tricia use?! Stay tuned!