Monday, June 16, 2008

Finally caught on camera!

At long last! We have captured the infamous and quite aloof smile that Andrew has. He's been smiling like this for about a week now and we were finally able to capture it to share on camera. As you can see, this is "THE" most adorable kid on the planet that ever was and ever will be... I am so not biased though...

He has some other funny looks along with these smiles. We were able to catch a couple others here.

Georgette was able to get some sleep last night. She got about 6 hours of blissful sleep. After she fed Andrew, she gave him to me and I watched him for a little while. She put her head on the bed and that was about all she wrote. Sheer exhaustion finally overtook her and she doesn't remember when I came to bed with her. She had fallen asleep opposite of the pillows. While it looked adorable, it wasn't all that functional...

We also went to the Mantai Pageant on Saturday with a couple neighbors. The drive was fraught with dangers of getting pulled over. We saw about 5 or 6 policemen on the drive in.

There was also a group of protester's that had a huge prayer circle. They finished and began trying to convince people around of our errors and beliefs. I always find it fascinating that by concern for other people, we try and convince each other of the truth as we see it.

I wonder if we get so caught up in saving other people, that we forget that we are all God's children. That we can all get along and accept the practice of other's beliefs, barring abuse and the like.

I eavesdropped on two guys discussing doctrines. They were so caught up in each other's beliefs, they forgot to stop and look at what they have in common. They were also so adamant in convincing and proving their points that any feeling of brotherhood and kindness seemed to be lost.

I remember talking with a cousin about our differences and having a bible bash. It did nothing for each of us, except cause frustration and contention. It wasn't until I bore my testimony about the gospel, did it end the conversation.

The pageant was great, although I was so tired, I slept through about half of it. They changed a couple parts to it and I enjoyed the new insight it gave.

I was also nearly carried away by a certain insect...

I have about 8 bites or so and was so excited when the sun set and the temperature dropped, causing them to disappear.

Anyway, enough of the skin crawling stuff... On with the cute kid pictures!




How about a spot of tea Gov?







This has to be my favorite picture thus far. I think you can figure out why.

No comments: