Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy First Birthday Little Man

It is officially Andrew's first year of experiencing mortality according to our reckoning. What a quick trip it has been for his parents thus far. I remember the day he was born, and all the effort that went into his delivery. The first look he had was as if he was saying, "What in the world are you doing? I was warm and cozy in there! Now it's cold and I'm getting prodded and so cold!" Then there was when I talked to him for the first time when he was out of the womb. He immediately stopped crying and looked right at me. It seems that he recognized who I was and was very awesome to me.

There have also been many, many, many diaper changes. Many giggles of laughter, more recent than not. He especially giggles and laughs when I chase him across the apartment and pretend to eat his belly and blow raspberries on his neck.

What an amazing journey it has been thus far, I am constantly astounded at how far he has come in only one year. Already he is independent in many things but fortunately for his mother he is still somewhat dependent and always wants to know that we are nearby should he need us. I love his hugs and hope that he will always remember how much his parents love him!

We love you Andrew!!! Happy First Birthday!!!

P.S. Pictures will follow later as we are having a family party on Saturday, so stay tuned!

No comments: