Sunday, February 15, 2009

Where do the days go?

Lately, Georgette and I have been wondering where all the time has gone. Each day, Andrew seems to be getting bigger and bigger and more developed.
He is learning so much now too. He's not quite walking yet, or talking, but he can open and close doors that are not closed completely. He loves to eat while we are eating at the table. We set him up with his Bumbo and the attachment to make it into a high chair and give him his food. He makes quite the mess most of the time with a little bit of food making it into his mouth.
I don't know how he grows so fast, there must be some miracle grow in his mattress or something and he absorbs it while he's sleeping. We think he's teething again because he keeps waking up during the night crying and all he wants is to be held.
This next Tuesday, we will find out what kind of baby we are having now. We are hoping for a human baby this time. Andrew seems to be from the primate variety with a tinge of beaver. Just kidding, Georgette is hoping for a girl and I am wanting a boy, mainly because a girl eventually turns 16 and starts to date. Then they have to go off and get married. Plus, it seems that boys are much easier to deal with in comparison. This comes from my, uh, plethora of experience with children...
I've been trying to teach Andrew to give me 5. I'll hold out my hand and take his hand and slap mine saying, "gimme 5, gimme 5, Yea, Yea, gimme 5!" Andrew laughs at it and seems to enjoy it, hopefully he will be as cool as his daddy someday...

Here are a few pictures that stood out to me while I was reflecting on Andrew's life thus far. Enjoy!













No comments: