Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gratitude!!! (by Georgette)

Well, this is officially my first time adding to this blog. Murray has been challenging me to post at least once for some time but I have been somewhat resistant to doing so. He is now gone to work for the day--so here goes!

This morning I was listening to some music and came across "Blessed" by Martina McBride and I began thinking of all the wonderful things that I have been blessed with in my life, so I thought that I would share with all of you!

First off I have been blessed with and I am eternally grateful for my husband, Murray. I am grateful for his love, compassion, strength, tenderness, and most of all his patience. He has been by my side for the last year and a half, or so (since we met) assisting me through various life experiences and challenges. He offers insight and perspective when mine tends to get quite skewed at times. He is firm in what he knows to be true, has a continuing desire to know and study the gospel and works to keep himself worthy of the Priesthood so that he may bless others on his journey through life. He is truly an amazing man!!!

Next, of course, is our adorable son Andrew whom you have seen many cute pictures in his last six weeks of life. Being a mother has been both more challenging and more fun than I thought it would be and I know that it will only continue to get better with time. Andrew brings a peace and innocence with him and I don't think I have ever seen anything quite as precious as the smiles that he occasionally shares with us. He loves to snuggle when he is sleeping but also keeps a keen eye on what's happening around him, his focus is amazing! He teaches me every day about the importance of little things, such as enjoying being near people you love and that love you back. Andrew is definitely a keeper!

A few other things I am grateful for are:
--Our pets (Nilson, Hobbes, and Penny) with their distinct personalities
--Extended family (both Murray's and mine)
--My freedom/liberty
--My opportunities in life to do and/or be anything I want
--Food to eat and clean water to drink, shower with, etc.
--Air to breathe
--Sunlight and warmth
--Rain and moisture
--A roof over my head
--A loving Father in Heaven and brother Jesus
--A knowledge of the Gospel
--Etc., etc., etc.

I'm sure that if I spent enough time I could come up with an indefinite list of all the blessings that I have been given. Life itself is also a blessing to be enjoyed and shared, thank you for allowing me to share mine with you! And who knows, maybe I will post again! :-)

No comments: