Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Well, to me today is unofficially the last day of the year as it seems that from today through New Year's day is nothing but a blur! In less than four weeks it will be Thanksgiving, which of course will be followed by the beloved shopping day known as BLACK FRIDAY at which point all reason flies out the window and chaos ensues until Christmas Day, after which pretty much everything is returned to the store from which it was purchased. One short week after that, there is yet another party, one that goes until midnight (or maybe a little later) and before anyone realizes what has happened, a new year is upon us! Whew! Now please don't misunderstand me, I LOVE the Christmas season! I love the smells, the music, the food, the wonderful opportunity to spend lots of time with family and friends, and most of all I love to remember the reason for the season- that my beloved Brother, Savior, and Friend was born on this Earth to glorify God the Father and to teach me what true unconditional love and mercy are all about. There is something truly magical about a season where a larger percent of people take the time to think about what they are thankful for and spend a lot of extra time and energy giving to others, sometimes I wish the season lasted longer for these reasons only--definitely not for the frenzied shoppers syndrome! So with that I look to the upcoming season with anticipation but for today I will enjoy carving pumpkins, making Halloween cookies (thanks for the recipe Amy!), dressing my cute son in a costume and enjoy watching other children in their costumes as well. Ah...life is good! I will be posting some Halloween pictures soon here after--probably some time later this evening, enjoy!

No comments: